If you have an MSN and are seeking an advanced understanding of the specialized needs of children, the online Post-Master Certificate in Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner could be a good fit for you. The curriculum provides a meaningful range of training in both short-term and long-term care of children. You’ll master skills of stabilization, minimizing complications, reducing health risks, and maximizing health potential.
Upon completion of the program, you’ll be eligible to sit for the Pediatric Nursing Credentialing Board Acute Care CPNP exam.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a valid, unencumbered RN license, in addition to at least two years of RN pediatric experience
- Requires completion of an accredited MSN degree
- Requires BLS certification
- Additional certifications and course prerequisites may be required
- Includes occasional on-campus sessions for field experience or immersion work
Arizona, California, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Washington