The Master of Science in Nursing Education, an online nurse educator degree from SUNY Empire State College, is designed for RNs with a BSN degree. This program not only allows you to advance your career and take on leadership positions, but it also combines a love of teaching with an interest in healthcare.
The curriculum is a combination of both teaching courses and healthcare courses, advancing your knowledge in both. Courses likely include:
- Contemporary Issues in Health Care
- Curriculum and Program Development
- Instructional Design and Teaching with Technology
- Advanced Pathophysiology, Health Assessment, and Pharmacology
Graduates are prepared to not only teach the next generation of nurses, putting their own experiences to work teaching others, but also to act as an educator in clinical settings promoting healthcare and staff development.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Requires completion of a BSN degree
- Must have an active, unencumbered RN license