Advanced Certificate in Child Health Nurse Practitioner
Stony Brook University
The online Advanced Certificate in Child Health Nurse Practitioner program from Stony Brook University offers Masters prepared nurses the opportunity to continue graduate education and specialize in another clinical area. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing and related sciences to improve nursing care across diverse settings
- Demonstrate leadership by collaborating and consulting with key stakeholders in the design, coordination, and evaluation of patient care outcomes
- Apply quality and safety principles within an organization to be an effective leader and change agent
- Integrate theory, evidence, clinical judgment, research, and interprofessional perspectives to improve practice and health outcomes for patient aggregates
- Ethically utilize data, information, and appropriate technology to evaluate and achieve optimal health outcomes
- Demonstrate political efficacy and competence to improve the quality of healthcare delivery and health outcomes of populations
- Integrate the concepts of interprofessional communication, collaboration, and consultation to effectively manage and coordinate care across systems
- Synthesize ecological, global, and societal determinants of health to design and deliver culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions and strategies
- Demonstrate behaviors of professional engagement and lifelong learning
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A BSN degree is required.
Students can pursue a number of online opportunities at Stoney Brook University, ranging from nursing and health sciences programs to degrees in engineering and education. Most programs are delivered in asynchronous format, giving you the added flexibility to attend class on your time. Online learning support structures, such as online library resources and IT services, aid in studies.
The central mission of the online campus is to enhance learning for all students with standards framed by Quality Matters benchmarks and Open SUNY. Continued goals for online learning include:
- Quality improvement
- On-going orientation for students
- Growth of new programs
- Professional development of staff and faculty
Stony Brook was established in 1957 as a college for the preparation of secondary school teachers of mathematics and science. Today, the school houses 13 schools and colleges, providing more than 200 undergraduate programs, over 100 master’s programs, and 40 plus doctoral programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.