Nurses with a MSN degree can expand their career opportunities with a Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner. This online certificate program lets students explore another role or clinical practice focus.
The online Nurse Practitioner program focuses on caring for families and individuals who live and work in medically underserved areas. The degree plan is customized to the student’s educational needs, past coursework, and certifications. Courses are delivered online on a part-time schedule, along with clinical experiences in the student’s local area.
Classes examine a range of nursing topics, including:
- Diagnostics and procedures
- Politics of healthcare
- Contemporary healthcare ethics
- Advanced pharmacology, pathophysiology, and health assessment
- Primary care
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Stephen F. Austin State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Applicants must have a current valid, unencumbered Registered Nurse license
- Applicants must have one year of full-time practice as a Registered Nurse.