SIU Carbondale offers the online MS in Medical Dosimetry. This program provides students with the knowledge and expertise they will need to generate radiation dose distributions and dose calculations when working in collaboration with medical physicists and radiation oncologists.
Course material and practicum cover a variety of topics, such as the following:
- external beam treatment planning
- clinical radiation oncology
- medical imaging/anatomy
- radiation protection
The mission of this degree is to provide a quality program integrating education, research and service in order to meet the needs of the profession and improve the health care of the people and communities we serve.
- Two letters of reference
- A one page statement of interest
- Official college transcripts
- A criminal background check/drug screening disclosure
- Applicants must be a Certified Medical Dosimetrist and be current with the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB)
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission