The online DNP / Nursing Education degree program from Southern Adventist University is a practical alternative to research-focused doctoral programs that prepares nurses and nurse practitioners for leadership roles in advance-practice settings. With an emphasis on advanced clinical practice, research application, and evaluation of practice and care-delivery models, coursework explores topics in:
- Health Promotion
- Technology in Education
- Nursing Curriculum Design
- Classroom Instruction and Evaluation
- Health Assessment
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Adventist University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a MSN degree and current RN licensure.
- Students must have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate course in statistics.
- A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of work as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner is required.
- Attendance is required at an on-campus DNP seminar each fall.