The online DNP / Nursing Education degree program from Southern Adventist University is a practical alternative to research-focused doctoral programs that prepares nurses and nurse practitioners for leadership roles in advance-practice settings. With an emphasis on advanced clinical practice, research application, and evaluation of practice and care-delivery models, coursework explores topics in:
- Health Promotion
- Technology in Education
- Nursing Curriculum Design
- Classroom Instruction and Evaluation
- Health Assessment
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Adventist University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Essay/Writing Sample, Interview
- Applicants must have a MSN degree and have current RN licensure in your state or location of residence.
- A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of work as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner is required.
- For the Acute-Care emphasis: you must provide verification of your current advanced-practice certification and licensure and documentation of your acute-care skills set.
- It is an online program, primarily, that includes three short campus visits and may be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.