The online DNP / Nursing Education degree program from Southern Adventist University is a practical alternative to research-focused doctoral programs that prepares nurses and nurse practitioners for leadership roles in advance-practice settings. With an emphasis on advanced clinical practice, research application, and evaluation of practice and care-delivery models, coursework explores topics in:
- Health Promotion
- Technology in Education
- Nursing Curriculum Design
- Classroom Instruction and Evaluation
- Health Assessment
- Master’s degree: A master's in nursing from an accredited program
- Graduate GPA: A minimum cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 Statistics course: An undergraduate or graduate course in statistics
- RN licensure: Current RN licensure in your state or location of residence
- Work experience: A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of work as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner
- Written statement
- Writing sample
- Acute-Care emphasis: Provide verification of your current advanced-practice certification and licensure and documentation of your acute-care skills set.
- It is an online program, primarily, that includes three short campus visits and may be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges