Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Simmons College allows students to earn their MSN degrees while continuing to provide care and help patients in their communities. Graduates possess the solid knowledge base, comprehension, and clinical expertise required to:
- Initiate and manage patients' treatment plans
- Provide diagnoses and prescribe medication
- Focus on disease prevention and health management
- Improve the lives of patients and their community through health promotion
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- If applying to the graduate MSN program, a bachelor’s degree awarded by a regionally accredited U.S. college or institution.
- If applying to the RN to MSN program, a diploma or c ertificate from a hospital-based program, or an associate degree.
- Personal statement, written in one to two pages, that details your educational goals, current work experience, and motivations for becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Transcripts from all academic institutions attended.
- Records must show that you have successfully completed a three-credit statistics course.
- U.S. Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A three-day-long on-campus immersion program is required.
With a mission "To provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose" Simmons commits to the success of students. Simmons College offers a range of programs from nursing and health sciences to business and education. Though the undergraduate school is specifically for women, graduate programs are open to both men and women.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.