The online Doctor of Philosophy in Transformative Social Change is a political science degree from Saybrook University. This program is designed to prepare students to respond to current social, cultural, and political challenges in unique ways. Students will be trained as reflective scholar-practitioners who are able to create transformative changes in society and be guided by humanistic values. The curriculum in this political science degree focuses on advocacy for human rights, community building, democracy, peace, the environment, and social justice. Coursework emphasizes the development of skills and knowledge that will make graduates successful participants and leaders in nonprofit organizations, including the ability to design environments that reflect and support participatory, democratic, and collaborative leadership skills.
Upon completion of this political science degree, you will be prepared to:
- Formulate interventions congruent with ethics and values
- Synthesize and design social system transformation strategies
- Formulate dialogues that are inclusive of all global, cultural, generational, and environmental viewpoints
- Appraise models of compassion and connectedness with the larger community
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Saybrook University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires a residential orientation and five-day residential conferences at the beginning of each semester.