Master of Science in Nursing
Become a recognized nurse leader and start making a positive impact on your patients, your peers and your supervisors. The online MSN from Saint Xavier University supports your transformation into a trusted nurse leader with a high-quality and recognized program that is affordable, accessible and immediately applicable.
The National League for Nursing (NLN) has designated the SXU School of Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education.
Whether you want to move into an executive role or focus on patients, you will be prepared to deliver superior care in a fast-moving, technologically advanced health care landscape with advanced business, administrative and clinical skills.
The program offers the following tracks for different professional goals.
- Executive Leadership (Nurse Administration): Develop the managerial perspective and critical thinking skills to lead the continuous improvement of processes and patient care in a nursing unit or department. Courses in this track help prepare you for the Nurse Executive, Advanced Board Certification exam (NEA-BC) and the Nurse Executive, Board Certification exam (NE-BC) upon completion of administrative employment.
- Clinical Leadership: Learn to become a clinical leader at the point of care with a focus on care coordination, risk assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, teamwork and communication, and the implementation of evidence-based practice. This track also prepares you to take the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNE) certification exam.
- Nurse Educator: Develop teaching techniques and learn how to adapt them to different settings—such as public health classes, hospitals, and schools of nursing. Coursework prepares you for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$730.00
Out of State Rate:$730.00
Additional Fees :$1,050.00
Fees Overview :
- Graduate Fees (per semester): $225
- Graduation Fee (one-time): $150
Estimated cost will vary depending upon the track of study. The Executive Leadership track requires 35 credit hours, and the Clinical Leadership track is 38 credit hours.
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$26,600.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$26,600.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
A current registered nursing license with at least one year of full-time work experience and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an NLNAC or CCNE-accredited program. Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, although exceptions may be made after consultation with Admissions.
Application checklist includes: Official transcript(s) from all universities and professional schools attended including accredited baccalaureate degree-granting college/university and all graduate level coursework. Copy of current registered nursing license and current work status. Applicants are required to be working full-time in order to apply. Three written recommendations from nursing professionals, such as recent employers, professors, etc. At least one recommendation must be from a Master’s level or above professional Nurse who has observed and is able to speak to the applicant’s clinical performance. Current resume.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Not available for students residing in Colorado, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Utah, and Washington.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.