Gain the advanced skills you need to help patients with complex health needs with the online Master of Science in Nursing / Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program. Nurses in this program from Rockhurst University learn how to manage critical and chronic conditions in older adults.
The program focuses on diagnosing health conditions, providing quick and incisive care, and personalizing plans for further treatment. Students are able to complete practicum hours in hospital and emergency department settings near their local area. Graduates can pursue positions working with patients in need of the highest levels of care, including cardiac, critical care, vascular surgery, nursing home care, pain management, and more.
The geriatric nurse practitioner program online prepares nurses to:
- Incorporate scientific and theoretical knowledge to improve nursing practice in a variety of settings
- Exhibit organizational and system leadership skills for ethical, safe, and high-quality patient care
- Contribute to improvement and safety using validated instruments, methods, and quality improvement measures
- Incorporate research to guide clinical decisions, patient education, and professional practice
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Rockhurst University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program includes a clinical immersion course that requires four full days on campus.