Doctor of Nursing Practice
Why is a DNP degree important?
There are over three million nurses in the U.S. health care workforce. Yet, fewer than one percent hold a doctoral degree in nursing, or in a nursing-related field.
The highest clinical degree in the field – a DNP – can broaden your career options and increase your value to employers. A doctorate can give you a seat at the table among physicians, administrators, and other health team members as you make decisions about patient care.
Is a DNP degree for me?
If you want to lead others and influence change in your field, a DNP may be the path for you.
Consider some of the main benefits of a DNP degree: A DNP degree will increase your level of clinical education and help strengthen your leadership abilities. By becoming a leader in our nursing community, you’ll go on to help improve the practice of nursing and patient outcomes, while strengthening health care delivery overall.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career – such as a leadership role in clinical practice, administration or nursing education – a DNP degree from Regis may be right for you.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A nursing graduate degree from a NLN or AACN-CCNE accredited program, offered at a regionally accredited school.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in all graduate level coursework.
- A grade of "B" or better in all graduate nursing courses.
- An active, unrestricted or unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state in which your clinical/practicum experience will be completed.
- Eligibility for this program is pending the successful completion of a drug screening and a criminal background check.
- A complete health assessment and physical examination record indicating that the student is physically able to meet the objectives of the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree and is appropriately immunized is required after admission to the program.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening), Computer-based: Minimum score of 213. Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applicants that have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited US institution do not need to provide a TOEFL score.
Regis University is a regionally accredited, 130-year-old Jesuit university in Denver, Colorado. Inspired by the vision of St. Ignatius Loyola, the University is dedicated to the pursuit of learning and truth in an effort to make positive change in our communities as well as ourselves.
A leader in adult online higher education, Regis has been recognized by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning for innovation and service to adult learners.
Regis offers accessible and affordable career-oriented degree programs that emphasizes a the development of essential critical-thinking and leadership skills to help students perform their jobs better and achieve their professional goals.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.