Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
The online BS in Emergency Management & Homeland Security degree program from Post University focuses on the four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Students develop skills to plan and prepare for pending emergencies, manage operations during emergencies, and conduct recovery efforts after emergencies. Graduates are able to:
- Assess risk and vulnerability related to crises, natural and humanmade events, and terrorism, including weapons of mass destruction
- Develop and evaluate emergency management or homeland security plans
- Analyze cultural, political and religious implications of the terrorist environment
- Identify critical factors that allow for effective communication, collaboration, and cooperation among key stakeholders and media services and outlets
- Apply creative problem solving and decision-making techniques to address homeland security issues and provide viable courses of action
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Accredited high school diploma or GED equivalent recognized by the Department of Education
- Official transcripts
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA or above
Not available for students residing in: AZ, HI, ME, MN, and NM.
Founded in 1890 the Matoon Shorthand School offered commercial education training such as typing, bookkeeping, business writing, and shorthand courses. Today, Post University offers high quality education in the form of traditional New England campus programs, completely online programs, and evening and weekend formats.
Online programs are designed for adult students wanting to make a career change, as well as those taking their first college course. Degrees include associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees, along with certificate programs.
- Enroll in coursework while you complete the application processes.
- Work one-on-one with an admissions counselor.
- Learn from the same faculty that teach on-campus counterparts.
- Choose whether to complete your entire degree online or enroll in a hybrid option (part online and part on campus).
- Online programs are offered in 8-week accelerated semesters with 24/7 support.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.