Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Oakland University offers an online RN to BSN degree completion program ideal for nurses who want to further their academic credentials as well as increase their potential for career advancement. With a curriculum that builds on students' prior nursing education and clinical experiences, the BSN completion program will:
- Provide students with a nursing education that meets the highest standards of the profession
- Foster critical thinking related to nursing care delivery and phenomena across the lifespan
- Facilitate the continued development of clinical decision-making skills based on ethical, legal, and cultural perspectives
- Integrate the concepts of evidence based practice into nursing care delivery
- Nurture a commitment to lifelong learning and prepare students for further education at the graduate level
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 125 credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Online curriculum: 32 credits
- Satisfactory completion of a Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing program with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Valid RN license
Oakland University was founded in 1957 when Matilda Dodge Wilson and her husband Alfred Wilson donated their 1,500-acre estate to Michigan State University. In 1959, what is now Oakland University opened under the name Michigan State University-Oakland. When it first opened there were only 570 students and the campus was comprised of just three buildings. In 1963, Michigan State University-Oakland was renamed Oakland University. Today it remains the only major public research university located in Oakland County, Michigan. Part of the mission of OU is “...In all its activities, Oakland University strives to exemplify educational leadership in a diverse and inclusive environment."
Students enrolled at Oakland University have the choice of choosing a major in one of six different schools:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business Administration
- School of Education and Human Services
- School of Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Health Science
- School of Nursing
To accommodate the busy lives of many of the students at Oakland University, there are a slew of online courses and many bachelor's and master's programs that can be completed entirely online. There are also numerous certificates that can be completed online and other degrees that can be completed partially online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.