Master of Science in Nursing
Nova Southeastern University
The online MSN degree program from Nova Southeastern University provides students with the knowledge and skills required to advance their careers and/or pursue doctoral study. Students may choose one of the following concentrations to suit their personal interests and career goals:
- Health Systems Leadership
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Informatics
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree and/or RN to MSN Degree
- For those with a major in Nursing (BSN) a B.S.N. GPA of 3.0 is required
- For those with a BS in a field other than nursing an overall GPA of 3.0 is required and satisfactory completion of NSG 4900, Transition to Advance Nursing Practice, prior to beginning the MSN program. NSG 4900 course is only offered in fall term.
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and the nursing degree must be accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, (NLNAC) or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation
- Current active professional nursing (R.N.) licensure. Licensure must remain current in the jurisdiction of the practicum throughout the program
- Application with two evaluation (reference) forms and application fee
- Completion of a college-level statistics course (from a mathematics department) with a C or better
Nova Southeastern University may have started as a small independent not-for-profit university when it first educated its first students in 1964, however this Ft. Lauderdale campus followed the lead of many growing movements from the sixties and quickly expanded into a modern global facility promoting distance learning by 1972. Today, NSU hosts field-based programs in more than twenty states, as well as internationally.
Nova Southeastern University awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist and doctorate degrees. Nova Southeastern University offers a large number of online degree programs to accommodate a wide range of students. Students can choose from online undergraduate degrees and graduate degrees. Online classes at Nova Southeastern University occur in both synchronous and asynchronous formats to best facilitate an interactive environment between students and faculty.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.