Master of Arts in History
Norwich University’s M.A. in History builds on a student’s already learned foundations of liberal arts and introduces the comprehensive analysis of the major developments, events, and figures of the past. The program culminates in a thesis or capstone paper in which students will demonstrate a complete understanding of the programs learning goals and objectives in addition to the direct application of the chosen concentration.
Students can choose a specialized concentration within the History program to best suit current and future career aspirations.
- American History, which explores the nation’s past from Colonial times to the end of the Cold War
- World History, which covers the dawn of human civilization through the late 20th century.
Graduates can puruse teaching at the high school and community college level, or to continue educational opportunities by earning a PhD for teaching at the university level.
Earning an advanced degree in history can also increase your career potential in many other fields of work including: researcher, archivist, curator, or content producer for schools, museums, and other public history venues.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- One week-long residency for final academic requirement
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited U.S. institution, or equivalent
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- No GRE/GMAT required
Norwich instills its nearly 200-year history of academic excellence into the online learning classroom; and continues to be at the forefront of change within the higher education community. Online programs extend this innovative legacy of Norwich preparing students for leadership roles for today’s most demanding careers.
With the opening of the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies and its online platform, Norwich University has extended this learning process to working adults and lifelong learners, offering bachelor's and master's degrees in fully online formats.
Norwich commits to:
- Relevant and respected online academic programs
- Flexibility: complete your coursework at times that suit your schedule
- Dynamic and interactive learning environment
- Opportunities to immediately apply your coursework in your workplace or community
- Exceptional student service
- Engaged faculty and a personalized experience
- A community of fellow lifelong learners
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.