Doctor of Nursing Practice
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
The online DNP degree program from Northwestern State University of Louisiana provides a clinical doctorate for master's prepared RNs who desire to practice at the highest level and significantly impact health care outcomes for vulnerable populations. Graduates are prepared to transform health care by:
- Utilizing advanced clinical skills
- Translating evidence into practice
- Implementing systems changes
- Establishing standards and policies
- Acting as organizational leaders
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Unencumbered, unrestricted RN or APRN license (depending on concentration)
- Verification of national certification as an APRN (only for APRN concentration)
- Curriculum vitae
- One to two page (maximum) paper describing the DNP degree, the role of the DNP (using the DNP Essentials), and how the applicant believes the DNP will benefit his/her career goals. The paper should be formatted according to the latest edition of APA and include references
- All academic transcripts, with cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 or greater on a 4.00 scale
- Three letters of recommendation using DNP recommendation forms
Northwestern State University was established in 1884 in the old Bullard Mansion atop a hill overlooking the bustling river port city of Natchitoches. The campus grew as the school expanded from a two-year degree for teachers at Louisiana State Normal School to the four-year education degree at Louisiana Normal College in 1921. In 1944, the school became Northwestern State College and Northwestern State University in 1970.
NSU awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in addition to professional certificates. Students requiring added flexibility may take advantage of the online campus at eNSU. Virtual coursework and distance education degree programs reflect that of on-campus counterparts. Degrees are offered completely online, though certain courses may require proctored exams or campus visits to take exams.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.