Northwestern College offers the online BS in Health Information Management. This program is designed to be an extension of the curriculum required for the AAS in Health Information Technology. It prepares students for entry-level management positions to competently perform a wide variety of roles from patient and physician interaction to the analysis, security, and integration of health information and its use in healthcare facilities, third-party organizations, and governmental agencies.
Sample of career opportunities in the following health care settings:
- public health organizations
- ambulatory care practices
- nursing homes
HIM professionals have skills and competencies in health data management, information policy, information systems, and administrative and clinical work flow.
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 181 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- High school diploma or GED
- SAT and ACT scores (if unavailable, an internal diagnostic assessment may be used)
- Must have completed an associate degree Health Information Technology program