Northwestern College offers the online AAS in Health Information Technology. The field of medical information technology provides a great opportunity for students to fuse two of the most profitable career options currently available on the job market: medical coding and health information management. Students learn to work on the same health information systems that employers use every day, making them ideally situated to begin the kind of careers that last a lifetime.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Health Information Supervision, Financial and Resource Management
- Coding and Classification Systems
- Information Systems in Healthcare
A practicum is required for completion of this program.
- High school diploma or GED
- SAT and ACT scores (if unavailable, an internal diagnostic assessment may be used)
- Statement of Purpose addressing personal and professional goals related to becoming a health information professional
- Two letters of recommendation from an instructor, academic advisor, employer, or coworker