Doctor of Nursing Practice
Northern Kentucky University
The online DNP degree program from Northern Kentucky University prepares nurses to utilize evidence-based knowledge and innovative practice expertise to lead initiatives and influence change to improve health outcomes for people in the community, region, and country. Graduates are prepared for leadership roles in:
- Advanced clinical practice
- Health policy
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree and are required to hold at least one degree in nursing at or above the bachelor's level. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully completed an upper division level graduate course in statistics.
- An unencumbered RN license in the United States or the country in which the student practices.
Residents of some states are not authorized to apply, please contact the school for more information.
Select online degree programs, especially in the nursing field, must meet individual state licensing guidelines and may not be approved for state licensure in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. As regulations continue to change, Northern Kentucky University advises prospective students to check with their particular state’s licensing regulations in their intended field of study prior to applying to the online campus.
Northern Kentucky University is a four-year, public institution of higher education, located in the city of Highland Heights, Kentucky, just seven miles from Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1968, today NKU embraces core values of excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, innovation, and collegiality with a “promise to put our students first.”
Northern Kentucky University offers online undergraduate and graduate degree programs from the following schools:
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Haile/US Bank College of Business
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Health Professions
- College of Informatics
- School of the Arts
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.