With an overall teacher shortage across varying organizations, NCU’s online EdS program is intended to serve the worldwide demand for professionals. The goal of the program is to mold professionals who are committed to improving educational, organizational and social issues through informed and ethical decision-making. This is a researched-based degree with a capstone project that can be completed in an area related to your professional goals. The online General Education specialization also enables you to choose electives that pertain to your practice area, but the following courses, in addition to others, are strongly suggested:
- Practices in School Organization
- Financial Issues in Schools
- Educating a Diversity of Learners
- Admission to the Education Specialist program requires a conferred post-baccalaureate master’s degree and/or doctoral degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution
- Send your official transcripts from other schools you attended
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).