Become a leader in the field of cyber-technology with this online PhD-BA in Computer & Information Security. At Northcentral, you’ll expand your expertise as an established professional in the field when you engage in your own research project. The aim of your dissertation will be to advance current knowledge in the area of cyber-terrorism, computer forensics or computer security. This doctoral curriculum explores the latest practices and techniques in forensic investigation processes, alongside legal aspects involved with cyber-security. You’ll also explore the data handling across all aspects of cyber-security, including: preservation, extraction and analysis. NCU’s online PhD-BA offers you a 1:1 learning platform, where coursework is apt to include:
- Critical Infrastructure Protection, Information Warfare and Cyber Terrorism
- Foundations of Computer Network Auditing
- Information Assurance from Legal and Ethical Issues
- Disaster Recovery and Contingency Planning for the Security Professional
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).