Northcentral’s online PhD-BA in Advanced Accounting can prepare you to become a corporate leader in almost any organization. Through mastery of analysis and research, you’ll learn how to successfully manage and allocate assets and liabilities as they relate to business operations and activities. You’ll develop expertise in technical accounting to leverage against organizational goals, be they private, public or nonprofit. As a research-based program, you’ll be guided through your dissertation by NCU’s expert, engaged faculty. The online Advanced Accounting PhD-BA usually includes the following courses:
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Policy
- Advanced Accounting for Nonprofit Organizations
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).