Bachelor of Science in Public Health
Learn what it takes to protect and improve the health of individuals and communities by earning a Bachelor of Science in Public Health. Students in this program will learn how to apply knowledge and skills relating to the interactions and interdependencies of health behavior, the physical and social environment, and public policy to affect health at local, state, national and international levels. The program is designed to prepare entry-level public health professionals to begin careers in a variety of health agencies: governmental health agencies, voluntary health agencies, community based/non-governmental agencies, medical care services, education agencies, and business and industry. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialists exam through the National Commission on Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Prepares entry-level public health practitioners to begin careers at a variety of health agencies
- Learn to assess needs, plan and implement prevention programs, assess program outcomes, and communicate and advocate for public health issues
- Completion of program qualifies students to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist exam
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.