Bachelor of Public Administration
Careers in the public administration field are varied and challenging. If you choose to pursue this dynamic degree, there are wide career opportunities you can pursue in government at the local, state, and federal levels. Your career path could include teaching or training assignments, or research in government organizations and in nonprofit organizations. The public sector is always in need of professionals with the rigorous training to meet the complexities of the management of public programs and assets. In the program you’ll be exposed to the central theories of public administration. You’ll learn how to analyze the operations and procedures of public management as well as nonprofits, and you'll develop relevant management skills. You’ll find ways to apply public administration theories and practices in program and resource management, and understand accounting and budgeting for government agencies and nonprofits. This is an important and respected career path, as all cities, communities, and citizens rely on sound public administration.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Evaluate the role of community groups in local government
- Analyze ethical challenges facing the public sector
- Use research to address current issues in public administration
- Collect data, review literature, analyze data, and effectively present your findings orally and in writing
- Prior learning credit available for up to 22.5 credits
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.