Master of Science in Nursing
Montana State University
The online MSN degree program from Montana State University educates students as leaders and prepares them for practice across the continuum of care within any healthcare setting. Courses are taught by faculty in the College of Nursing and Engineering who have systems and clinical leadership experience and expertise, and cover topics such as:
- Psychosocial nursing concepts
- Care of the childbearing family
- Acute and chronic illness
- Community based nursing
- Psychiatric nursing
- Spirituality in healthcare
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Travel to Bozeman is required at the beginning of each Fall semester.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited upper division program
- Successful completion of undergraduate courses in physical assessment, community/public health, research, and statistics (which included inferential statistics).
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse. If clinical educational experiences are to be completed in Montana, licensure in Montana is required.
- Favorable recommendation from the College of Nursing admissions committee.
Montana State University is a 4-year, public, land-grant, research university that was established in 1893 in the town of Bozeman, Montana. Montana State University began as the Agricultural College of the State of Montana. The stated mission of Montana State University is "to educate students, create knowledge and art, and serve communities, by integrating learning, discovery, and engagement."
The university is broken up into the following colleges:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Arts and Architecture
- College of Business
- College of Education, Health, and Human Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters and Science
- College of Nursing
- The Graduate School
- Honors College
Montana State University’s Office of Continuing Education and Montana State Online provide nontraditional and traditional students alike with online and distance learning opportunities. Students can participate in bachelor's degree completion programs and graduate certificate programs completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.