Michigan State University's (MSU) online Master of Science in Criminal Justice prepares you to succeed in careers across the criminal justice system.
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to move up through the ranks and operate in a variety of criminal justice settings, including the courts, law enforcement, corrections and corporate security.
The curriculum goes beyond theory with an emphasis on public policy and practice and focuses on innovative responses to crime such as counterterrorism, intelligence-led policing, cyber security, and more.
- 100% online
- 30 credit hours
- 2 years full-time
- 80 Year Legacy of Criminal Justice Education. MSU has educated criminal justice professionals since 1935. This program draws on that long history of success.
- Influential, Distinguished Faculty. Work alongside faculty members with decades of field experience whose research has directly informed criminal justice practice.
- Security Management Specialization. Take a specialization focused on private security or choose from a variety of in-depth electives.
- Extensive Professional Network. Tap into a wide-ranging network, with opportunities to connect with fellow graduates and organizations like the DEA and U.S. Secret Service and other state, local, federal, and international agencies.
- Apply analytical skills to better understand crime and criminal justice issues
- Understand the management and operation of criminal justice organizations to accomplish goals
- Evaluate the quality of research methods and how such influences confidence in research findings
- Identify a crime or justice problem and identify a policy to address it
- Communicate effectively through writ
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Michigan State University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.2 are required to submit GRE scores.