Master of Science in Nursing
McNeese State University
The online MSN degree program from McNeese State University builds upon the critical thinking, therapeutic intervention, and communication skills developed in undergraduate nursing programs to prepare students to influence the health care of our multicultural world community. The program offers several specialty concentrations to suit students' personal interests and professional goals:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Executive
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLNAC/ACEN or CCNE accredited school. The transcript should demonstrate completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour statistics course with a C or better. Students who will compete their BSN in the semester prior to anticipated enrollment may apply; however, acceptance will be contingent upon successful completion of the BSN.
- A minimum over-all grade point average of 2.75 on 4.0 scale for all undergraduate nursing.
- Earned a minimum score of 282 on the combined verbal and quantitative Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Eligibility for unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state where precepted experiences occur.
- Two letters of professional reference from faculty members, professional colleagues, or work supervisors. These letters should address the prospective student’s ability to be successful in a graduate nursing program.
- A 500-word essay.
- Current resume’.
- Candidates selected for admission will provide proof of an acceptable background check prior to taking the first course.
McNeese State University is a four-year public school located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. MSU was founded as a Lake Charles Junior College in 1939 and adopted its current name in 1970.
McNeese State University offers associate degrees, bachelor degrees, master’s degrees, and certificates of completion. Degree programs are offered between the school’s eight colleges:
- College of Business
- Burton College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Science and Agriculture
- Division of General and Basic Studies
- Dore School of Graduate Studies
McNeese State University provides a variety of affordable online graduate and undergraduate degree programs designed to help students earn a degree at their own pace. Some programs allow students to earn degrees completely online, while hybrid courses include some in-class time.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.