Master of Arts in Education / Special Education
Marian University offers a Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Special Education. The Special Education concentration is designed to alleviate the need of qualified teachers able to teach individuals with learning disabilities. The specialized curriculum can give student teachers the aspirations to become special needs teachers by: differing in the amount of individual planning and systematic monitoring of teaching procedures, adapting equipment and materials, and ensuring accessible settings and other avenues designed to help students with special needs achieve a higher level of personal self-sufficiency and success within a school setting and in local communities.
Coursework topics of study include:
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Diagnosis and Assessment of Student with Disabilities
- Reading Instruction for Students with Disabilities
- Curriculum and Instruction for Students with Disabilities
- Collaboration and Consultation in Special Education Programs
- Special Education Law: Families and Students
- Classroom Management Applications
- Learning with Technology: Effective Strategies for Students with Disabilities
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related area from a regionally or nationally accredited program
- Teaching license or evidence of eligibility to hold such a license
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or a minimum GPA of 3.30 in the last 60 credits of their undergraduate program
Marian University is a four-year private Catholic school located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Aloysia Leickem and Vera Naber, who were members of the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, founded the school in 1936 after learning that religious attire was barred from public schools.
Marian University offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees in traditional liberal arts and pre-professional programs. Schools within Marian University include:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing and Health Professions
Marian offers undergraduate and graduate programs in completely online formats. Most online courses are delivered asynchronously so that students may learn at whatever time is most convenient for them, as long as they complete assignments by their deadlines.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.