The Doctor of Medical Science program at Lincoln Memorial University is designed for individuals with the unique interest of becoming a more advanced physician assistant (PA). The curriculum is designed for highly qualified and experienced PA's who are looking for a new set of skills and medical knowledge, either to advance their career or to become a more experienced professional. Students will collaborate with board certified medical experts and learn the distinctive areas of disease treatment, internal medicine, emergency situations, and more. All of these curriculum areas are crucial in building a successful career as a PA.
This program requires an on-campus training, an on-campus presentation, and a clinical residency.
- A graduate of an ARC-PA accredited program or international equivalent
- Current physician assistant certification
- Unencumbered licensure as a physician assistant in the US or International Jurisdiction
- Earned a master’s degree from an accredited institution
- No history of negative legal, administrative, or licensure action related to the practice of medicine
- Continue to practice medicine as a physician assistant, or be actively teaching in graduate medical education while enrolled in the program
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s current supervisor
- Official transcripts
- Official copy of licensure
- Personal statement
- Complete a questionnaire
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants when English is not their first language
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges