Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
The Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice is intended for individuals that would like a broad criminal justice education that may be applied to a variety of careers within the criminal justice system. The program’s curriculum will provide instruction that enhances the student’s leadership and management expertise within many criminal justice work settings. Students will also strengthen their writing skills and enhance their ability to speak clearly and effectively.
The program’s course of study may help increase the student’s marketability while pursuing a criminal justice career. Individuals that are interested in self development or personal enrichment are also encourage to apply.
Students must complete 18 credit hours within the program’s designated list of six courses. Some of the courses are Criminal Justice Research & Writing, Administration of Justice Organizations, and Introduction to Criminal Justice. Students may complete all of the program’s courses online, however, some of the courses also offer a campus-based format.
The program’s courses will deliver an education within a number of different communication and criminal justice subjects. Courses will cover topics such as the American criminal justice system, academic writing, judicial decision making, and law enforcement agencies. Instructors will also provide students opportunities for discussion of law enforcement methods, evaluation of criminal justice reform, and investigation of criminal behavior theory.
The program requires that all of the courses be completed at Liberty University with no letter grade of “D” or lower. Students must also complete the program with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher. Throughout the program, students will have access to various resources such as Liberty’s online library, Online Writing Center and academic advisors.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.