Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies is designed for students that would like to strengthen their biblical knowledge but cannot devote the time required for a full-time degree. Courses will provide students an in-depth biblical education while also focusing on it’s interpretation and doctrine. The curriculum also helps students develop their effectiveness in ministry, evangelism, and discipleship. Students that are interested in advancing their education may apply their completed certificate credits towards a degree at Liberty University.
Students will need to complete 18 credit hours to graduate. The credits are completed through a designated list of six courses. Some of the required courses are New Testament Survey, Theology Survey I, and Fundamental Theological Issues. At $340 per full-time credit hour, the total cost for tuition as a full-time student will be $6120.
The program requires that all of the certificate’s courses be completed at Liberty University. To graduate, students must earn cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Course letter grades of “D” or lower will not be used towards the fulfillment of certificate requirements.
Students will learn within a variety of biblical and theology subjects during their study. Some course topics include important people within the New Testament, key chapters within the Old Testament, angelology, and ecclesiology. Students should gain experience with skills such as interpreting Scripture, outlining the major areas of systemic theology, and evaluating the defense of creationism. The curriculum will also provide opportunities for students to analyze contemporary ministry topics such as ethics and feminism.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.