Master of Public Health / Health Promotion
Liberty University offers a Masters of Public Health degree with a concentration in Health Promotion. The degree is designed to help graduate students master the skills intrinsic to the field of public health. The impact of a flexible curriculum on busy professional students can lead to career advancement, further education or enhancing society as students gain a rich understanding of public health promotion and nutrition.
Students will learn the necessary skills needed to manage and educate others, relaying the importance of health and wellness methods that influence individuals, communities, school and workplaces. The public health degree opens opportunities for students to earn a valuable degree with a useful concentration in health promotion. Graduates will gain a level of expertise, while enhancing an understanding of the basic nutrition elements and earn credentials.
The Masters degree in Public Health is a 42-credit-hour program comprised of core courses in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Health, Administration, Research Methods and Social and the Application of Behavioral Theory. The health promotion concentration expands on the core courses and introduces students to topics of Principles of Community Health, Health Program Planning and Evaluation and Health Agency Management.
The program builds on the already-laid foundations of a student's bachelor degree and prepares graduates for careers as health specialists, health educators, school nutritionists and food service advisors. The program also creates opportunities for career advancement, in the Christian mission areas, establishing a potential platform to enter closed countries, with the effective public health expertise to educate in second- and third-world countries. As always, Liberty University strives to integrate faith with learning in a professional atmosphere.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.