Master of Divinity / Discipleship and Church Ministry
Liberty University offers a Master of Divinity degree in Discipleship for students and members of the church who want to learn about discipleship in ministry. Students will study submission and servitude by understanding the roles of disciples in the Bible and how spiritual transformation occurs through service to others. Students will learn how to design and develop, organize, and lead ministries through development of family discipleship, and the growth of churches through families and small groups.
The concept of the program is related through classes that demonstrate the roles and responsibilities in discipleship. Classes include Introduction to Apologetics; History of Christianity; History of Baptists; Discipleship Ministries; Spiritual Formation; Contemporary Evangelism; Global Studies Survey; Preparation of the Sermon; Theology of Pastoral Ministry; New Testament Orientation; Family Discipleship; Small Group Ministries; Healthy, Growing, Multiplying Church; Spiritual Factorings of a Growing Church; and Church Administration.
Students will develop the qualifications to lead and develop others into members of the church through discipleship. These qualifications include demonstrating a knowledge and understanding of the Bible, which contributes to the formation of a Christian worldview; to demonstrate a competency in general education in order to become a more well-rounded individual and professional; to demonstrate the professionalism in oral, written, technological and visual communications; and to demonstrate the leadership ability and professionalism appropriate for roles in ministry.
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Apply online or download graduate application. Submit the application.
- $50.00 deferred application fee. (Assessed during financial check in).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. *Please Note* Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes
- Send official college transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy). All official transcripts must be received by the end of the first term. If not, students will be unable to continue to register for classes.
- Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit a pastoral recommendation.
- Complete the seminary questionnaire by clicking the link below. Once students have clicked on the link below, type in the full Liberty University email address as the login ID and type the Liberty password. Once logged in, please read the text and answer the questions provided. After students have answered all questions, the questionnaire will be completed.
- Submit TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 100 internet-based test).
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.