Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) / Secondary Education
Liberty University offers an online Master of Arts in Teaching with an emphasis in Secondary Education. The degree is specifically designed for students wishing to obtain initial teaching licensure, regardless of undergraduate degree concentration. The Master of Arts program builds on a student’s previous education by integrating math, science, natural sciences, history, language acquisition and reading skills for the middle and high school classroom setting.
Liberty University’s School of Education is committed to educating students and future teachers with the utmost integrity of continuing God’s Word in aspects of enriching lives and teaching with faith-based ethics and morals. The graduates of the MA in Teaching will go on to impact lives of generations to come and also strengthen their commitment to bettering the communities they serve.
Students of the 36-credit-hour program are introduced to the teaching industry with the advanced education courses ensuring the solid foundation and understanding of teaching responsibilities and professionalism. Liberty University blends the importance of ethics and faith into the teaching program and emphasizes the relationship between teachers and students. The MA in Teaching program ensures a student will graduate with student teaching requirements fulfilled and is a state-approved program for initial licensure and endorsements.
The secondary education concentration reiterates the process of student planning, teaching mathematics, current news issues, the sciences and world reading and writing skills, while also focusing on the areas of classroom management, student behavior and curriculum creation. The students' previous education will serve as a foundation, and the masters level of education in teaching will serve as a refining tool in the graduates’ career opportunities. Graduates will be qualified for Virginia state approved licensure, and in addition, students should verify additional requirements for the states in which they reside. It is required that students of the Secondary Education program must complete three courses, or nine credit hours, in a face-to-face on-campus setting.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
The Education program at Liberty is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.