Master of Arts in Music Education (M.A.)
The Master of Arts in Music Education (M.A.) serves to educate students on four main developments of music: Foundational Studies, Applied Music Studies, Music Education Studies, and Research. Students will be expected to compare music education theories, both historical and contemporary. Individuals in the program will analyze music styles and be expected to be able to arrange music in traditional and contemporary styles. Following completion of the program, students should be able to both conduct and perform music, and have the ability to design curriculum for music education.
This Master of Arts in Music Education, offered through Liberty University is ideal for individuals: currently working as a music educator, completing a Bachelors in Music, Music Performance, or Music Education, are employed in a school system but are looking for job alternatives, or those who are wishing to earn a Ph.D. in Music.
Prospective students may transfer up to six hours into this program from an accredited university. The M.A. consists of 36 credit hours, which are completed online. Interested individuals may be expected to take the following courses: History and Philosophy of Music Education in America, Principles of Curricula and Pedagogy for Music Education, and Foundations of Music Education. Students will also be required to complete and defend their thesis, or complete a music education project.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.