Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling / Crisis Response and Trauma
The Master of Arts in Human Services with a concentration in Crisis Response and Trauma degree offered by Liberty University is a course of study that is available to students in a completely online format. This program is intended for individuals interested in obtaining a Master of Arts degree and career advancement, but who do not plan to seek licensure or national certification. Pastors, human resource directors, teachers, coaches, nurses, law enforcement officers, managers, student affairs personnel, and others who are wanting to apply psychological insight to their jobs on a regular basis are an appropriate match for this program. The Crisis Response and Trauma concentration aims to equip its students with the skills and knowledge needed to understand theories of crisis intervention and models for working with children and adolescents.
The Human Services program requires its students to take and complete 30 credit hours in courses. This includes 21 hours of counseling courses and nine additional hours that focus on academic disciplines such as business, counseling, communication, education, and religion, as well as various human services fields. By the end of this program, a student should be able to convey the following knowledge and perform the following skills: to comprehend appropriate knowledge in all core curricular areas of counseling in preparation for certification and taking licensure exams; to demonstrate appropriate research and report writing skills, which use the APA format and computer technology; to integrate biblical principles and secular theories in a responsibly eclectic manner; to incorporate ethical and legal standards in counseling; and to assess, diagnose, and treat clients with a broad array of presenting problems and mental disorders using multiple counseling skills.
To be considered for this program, students must have earned a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution accredited by an agency that is recognized by the United States Department of Education. A student must have earned an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher. Students must have also successfully completed a minimum of six semester hours of coursework in psychology or a closely related field such as sociology or human services.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.