Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
Liberty University offers a Graduate Certificate in Public Policy program that is designed to enhance student’s understanding of the important questions and issues relating to society. Students should develop the necessary critical-thinking skills to find potential careers within areas such as public administration, politics and government. The courses deliver an education using both moral and biblical views to ensure students have rewarding careers in the future. The university also allows graduate certificate course credit to be transferred to the Masters of Arts in Public Policy degree program.
To earn the certificate, students must complete three designated courses for a total of nine credits. The program’s three courses are Economics & Public Policy, Political Philosophy, and Foundations of American Governance. All of the program’s course may be completed online. During the 2013-2014 academic year, each full-time credit costed the student $490.
The courses are designed to strengthen student’s knowledge and expertise within a variety of public policy topics. The program’s courses will provide opportunities to evaluate how the world’s intellectual, political and cultural influences have impacted American public policy. The courses specifically emphasize the comparison of how Judeo/Christian, Islamic Fundamentalism, and Secular Humanism have influenced American social law. Course topics also include market failures, public policy economics, trade, enterprise and taxation. In addition, students may also increase their understanding of important political philosophers throughout history and within the modern era.
Students must complete all of the program’s courses through Liberty University with a letter grade of “C” or higher. Students will also have access to Liberty University’s academic resources like the Online Writing Center, the online library and academic advisors.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.