Graduate Certificate in Autism Education
Liberty University offers students a Graduate Certificate in Autism Education that can be completed entirely online. The graduate certificate program is intended to supplement the student’s current bachelor’s or master’s education. The program’s course of study offers a light course load that may increase the student’s marketability for future careers within the education field.
The program’s curriculum is designed to further the student’s teaching and classroom management skills for special education settings within public, private and Christian schools. Students will begin to utilize the tools that are necessary to assist the emotional and intellectual needs of autistic students. Students should also strengthen their understanding of modern intervention methods and the specific traits students have with autism.
The program requires students to compete a total of nine credit hours. Students may fulfill the credits within three courses: Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder & Assess.; Communication, Language & Sensory Aspects for Aut., and Classroom Management.
All of the courses must be completed through Liberty University with a letter grade of “C” or higher. To be awarded the certificate, students must complete the program with a minimum GPA or of 2.0 or higher. During the 2013-2014 academic school year, each full-time credit was $490.
Students may enhance their knowledge within a number of different special education subjects. Specific course topics include etiology of autism, service delivery models, autism incidence rates and sensory motor development. Students will also learn different methods for intervention and effective communication strategies while teaching. Instructors will provide opportunities for students to discuss modern research regarding classroom management and instructional classroom approaches.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.