Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction / Secondary Education
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Curriculum & Instruction – Secondary Education program addresses curriculum function, development, and evaluation. It also provides a detailed overview of technology usage in the classroom as it relates to student learning, effectiveness of administrative processes, and service to students and parents. You will also learn to use various theories, models, and strategies as a practical guide to solve problems.
Through this program, you can further develop your ability to enhance students’ mathematics, reading, writing, and science skills. Dissertation research, proposal, and defense are required.
Potential Career Options
- Gifted-Student Instructor
- Middle School Educator
- School Administrator
- University Professor
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$595.00
Out of State Rate:$595.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$35,700.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$35,700.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$16,500.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- 3 on-campus intensives
- On-campus dissertation defense
- Official college transcripts
- Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
- Recommender Contact Information for 2 references
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report - total verbal and quantitative score of 900, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken before August 2011) or a total verbal and quantitative score of 300, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken after August 2011). OR Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score report - total score of 400 or better (for tests taken in or after October 2004) or a total score of 50 or better (for tests taken before October 2004)
- Professional vita
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.