Associate of Arts in Psychology / Christian Counseling
Liberty University offers an Associate of Arts in Psychology degree program that is designed to improve the student’s understanding of the theory and practical application of psychology. The program’s courses will cover topics such as modern psychology research, psychological similarities found amongst all human beings, and the benefits of an ethical practice in psychology. In addition, students will begin to evaluate how beliefs and experiences are shaped by an individual’s gender, socio-economic class, and ethnicity.
In an effort to prepare students for future psychology careers, Liberty University’s Department of Psychology provides a variety of academic resources for student use. Students may join the psychology club, PsyComm, for supplemental help from instructors and students regarding the field of psychology. Each student is also required to complete Psychology Department Activities. This university provides activities that offer real-world field experience for students that are enrolled within a psychology program.
The Associate of Arts in Psychology program allows students to specialize their course of study in Christian counseling. All of the program’s subject matter is delivered using both moral and biblical perspectives to help prepare students for future careers. If a student would like to advance their education, Liberty University provides the opportunity for students to transition to a bachelor’s degree.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Official high school and college transcripts (if applicable). 2.0 or higher cumulative combined GPA from all accredited colleges attended or high school.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.