Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Assistant
The Department of Health Professions at Liberty University offers an Associate of Applied Science-Medical Office Assistant degree program that may be completed entirely online. Students will aim to strengthen the knowledge and expertise required for careers as a medical office assistant. Upon graduation, students may find other possible careers as a medical billing expert, doctor’s office assistant or medical clinic receptionist. In addition, graduates of the program may find jobs working within settings such as hospitals, clinics, or public health organizations. The program’s instruction is delivered using biblical and moral perspectives to prepare students for future careers.
To earn the degree, students must complete a total of 61 credit hours. Liberty University requires that 22 of the total 61 credits must be completed within designated major courses. Some of the major’s required courses are Introduction to the Health Professions (HLTH 105), Medical Office Systems & Procedures (AMOA 203), and Medical Office Billing & Bookkeeping (AMOA 206). Students should also be aware that some of the program’s general education courses require the completion of a prerequisite before enrollment.
The associate degree’s courses will provide students instruction on a broad range of topics within fields such as healthcare and business. Specifically, courses will cover topics such as basic nursing assessment, medical terms, health career roles, promotion of health philosophies, and billing procedures.
Students may transfer credits from a previous institution; however, students must complete 15 of the 61 required credits through Liberty University in order to earn the degree and qualify for commencement. Students must complete each program course with a grade of “C” or higher. Students must also complete the entire program with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.