Lamar University offers the online Master of Public Health with a concentration in Health Disparities. This concentration focuses on the burden of chronic conditions (obesity, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and several forms of cancers) among low socioeconomic populations. Addressing these chronic diseases through culturally appropriate interventions is very critical in bridging the gap. This program trains public health professionals who are skilled in addressing health disparities.
Required Courses in Health Disparities:
- Health Program Planning and Evaluation in Diverse Communities
- Research Methods in Health Education in Diverse Populations
- Foundations of Health Education in Diverse Communities
- US and International Health Disparities
- Candidates for admissions to the Master Public Health must meet all the admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and specific departmental requirements and approval.
- Candidates must also have a 2.5 or greater GPA on a 4.0 scale or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of their undergraduate degree program.
- Candidates must satisfy the necessary undergraduate prerequisites as prescribed for a particular area of specialization
- Candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or greater are not required to take the GRE
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges