The online Certificate in Team Leadership program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System prepares students for careers in team leadership, supervision, and/or management in a variety of different organizations. Graduates possess:
- Basic skills in computer operations, software applications, and electronic business tools
- Oral and written communication skills, including those required for formal presentations, interpersonal communications, and in using all aspects of communications technology
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the leader, emphasizing human relations skills and recognizing the behavioral factors of individuals and groups in the work environment
- The ability to achieve personal, group, and organizational goals through the application of behavioral and motivational understanding
- An understanding of the basic methods of recruiting, selecting, training, compensating, and maintaining a productive workforce
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges