The online Certificate in Leadership program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to qualify for leadership positions, work effectively in teams, lead problem solving work groups, understand the conflict resolution processes, and plan effectively. Graduates are able to:
- Apply techniques of leadership to achieve personal, group, and organizational goals through the application of behavioral and motivational understanding
- Explain, analyze, and interpret attitudes and behaviors that affect personal group interaction
- Explain and utilize effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of team-building, employee empowerment, business ethics, decision-making, problem-solving, and quality
- Set goals, formulate plans, and utilize resources
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges