The online Certificate in General Business program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System prepares students for positions in supervision, management, and general business. Courses focus on:
- The operations of the economics system and how it affects individuals, organizations, and society
- Basic financial accounting concepts for decision-making, planning, and controlling
- The use of technology and its impact on business and operations
- The functions of management – planning, organizing, leading, staffing, and controlling
- Basic skills in computer operations and/or software applications
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges