The online Certificate in Computer Technician Basic is designed to offer students the opportunity to earn a credential demonstrating basic competency in the area of computer information technology. The curriculum consists of a natural progression of classes that are required for the Associate in Applied Science degree in Computer & Information Technologies. Graduates are prepared for the CompTIA A+ and Net+ certification exams.
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript
- Official test scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS, Wonderlic, or KYOTE)
- AP scores, if applicable
- College transcripts, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges