The online Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program prepares individuals who have a bachelor’s degree outside the field of education who want to become teachers for grades K-6. Individuals learn skills that allow them to help children as they build foundational ideas, skills, and attitudes that shape their future educations and adult lives. All of the courses in the program are required and include Social Foundations of Education; Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment; Teaching Diverse Learners; and Teaching Social Studies, Reading and Literacy in the Elementary School.
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA in the final two years or approximately the last 60 credit hours
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 301 or higher on Verbal and Quantitative OR Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) subtest scores of 150 on Mathematics, 156 on Reading and 162 on Writing, or combined test (test code 5751).
- Statement of objectives
- Three professional and/or academic references
- Transcript(s) from each institution attended
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission