Master of Arts in Public Management
The Master of Arts in Public Management combines rigorous academics and strategic skills, challenging students to apply the latest theory, scientific findings, and new management methods to help solve real-world governance and policy issues. Good public management skills are vital to successful decision making, especially at a time when governments' and nonprofits of all levels are expected to do more with less.
The Johns Hopkins MA in Public Management will empower you to become more strategic, and provide you with the fundamentals of public management: policy analysis and evaluation, financial management, economics and fiscal policy, and public policy and administration. The MA in Public Management will prepare emerging leaders like you to face tough challenges and make tactical decisions involving today's most complex issues.
The Public Management program is designed for working professionals in the government and nonprofit sector. It allows you to take part-time courses at your own pace and offers exciting educational experiences that you'll be able to apply directly to your professional career. The program has a 12-course completion requirement, including a capstone project that will give you a chance to address a practical real world challenge using skills and knowledge you've gained throughout your studies.
Through the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, The Advanced Academic Programs offers various online learning opportunities, showcasing both graduate certificates and graduate degree programs, spanning various industries with the goal of providing a world-class Johns Hopkins education in a part-time format.
- Flexibility - Online students don't commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
- Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
- High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Course
In State Rate:$3,783.00
Out of State Rate:$3,783.00
Additional Fees :$2,100.00
Fees Overview :
Technology Fee (per course): $175
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$47,496.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$47,496.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong writing skills
- History of relevant coursework and/or relevant professional experience
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program is currently not accepting students from Wisconsin.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.