Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN)
Indiana Wesleyan University
The online RN to MSN degree program from Indiana Wesleyan University builds upon students' prior educational and professional experiences through adult learning modalities. The curriculum aligns with the mission of the university, embracing a global perspective of healthcare while delivering bachelor level nursing education content as prescribed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. In addition to completing core coursework, students may choose one of two focus areas to suit their personal interests and professional goals:
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Education
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Proof of current, unencumbered RN license. All nursing licenses - whether current or inactive - must be unencumbered. Potential students with encumbered nursing licenses will not be considered eligible for enrollment at Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university or a proprietary school which holds a national accreditation.
- Official transcript from associate degree granting institution; minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 scale.
- Three letters of professional reference.
- Students applying for admission to the Nursing Administration or Nursing Education major must have at least 1,000 hours of nursing practice within the three years to admission to the MSN core.
- A criminal history background check.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an evangelical Christian comprehensive university of The Wesleyan Church. The University was founded in 1920 as Marion College and is committed to liberal arts and professional education. IWU offers undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees and doctorate degrees, and students represent more than 80 Christian denominations and 10 foreign countries. Indiana Wesleyan has received national attention for its innovative adult education program, which began in 1985. Over 10,000 adult learners attend classes at education centers in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, and online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.