Master of Science in Education in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
Indiana University offers the online Master of Science in Education in Literacy, Culture, and Language Education. This degree prepares individuals to teach and do research in the areas of English education, foreign and second language education, and literacy/reading education.
The curriculum is designed to help you understand language and literacy processes in cultural contexts, integrate formal and informal assessment with instruction, and apply research findings to practice and internship opportunities. Course work involves experiences with children, high school and college youth, and adults. In addition, students have plenty of opportunities to apply current technology to teaching and learning.
Graduates from this program typically assume positions such as:
- language education specialists
- reading specialists
- editors of instructional materials
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$425.06
Out of State Rate:$510.07
Additional Fees :$2,484.00
Fees Overview :
Rates are an estimate; total costs may vary.
- School of Education Distance Education Fee (per credit): $39
- Indiana University Distance Education Fee (per credit): $30
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$17,786.16
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$20,846.52
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university holding full regional or national accreditation
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Minimum graduate coursework GPA of 3.30
- GRE test scores if your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.00
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Goal Statement
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.